MWM DESIGNGROUP provided in-field design engineering for the construction of 5,500 LF concrete shared use path 14-ft wide on the North side of Kramer Lane from Metric to Burnet Rd in order to provide an accessible route for bikes and pedestrians. This project has resulted in significant neighborhood mobility improvements, and was closely coordinated with the design of the MetroBike facility at the Kramer Lane Red Line station (also designed by MWM DesignGroup). The scope of the project included:
- Relocation and adjustment of major manhole.
- Pedestrian hand rail.
- Cantilevered sidewalk on side of existing bridge with handrail.
- 4 Concrete sidewalk under-drains.
- Storm drain improvements with safety end treatments.
- Concrete and lime stone retaining walls.
- Pedestrian cross walks.
- Pedestrian warning signs.
- Repair of existing irrigation system.
- Curb realignment to allow for accessible route due to existing trees.
- 26 New trees with grates.
- Bike lane striping.
- 5,500 LF of 14ft Wide reinforced concrete path and 15 handicap ramps.
Imad Salem, PE was the project manager and project engineer responsible for all design, public relations, coordination and oversight for this project. Prior to construction, Mr. Salem coordinated with project stakeholders, including the City of Austin and Capital Metro.